Monday, September 27, 2010

5 Months


Our baby girl is now 5 months old!  I can't even believe it.  It seems crazy that she has been with us for this long, but at the same time, it is hard to recall life without her.  She is just so much fun and she cracks us up everyday.  Above is her "official" 5 month picture.  Isn't she gorgeous?  Look at that smile.  She is going to be a knock-out.  Here are some more pictures to show what she has been up to.

She started taking baths in her big tub and she loves to splash around and hold her toys.
She likes to go outside and wait for Daddy to come home.
She loves going outside.  If she is fussy, take her outside and she calms down immediately.  She loves to touch leaves and the bark on trees.
She also loves stroller rides and car rides.  She definitely keeps me in shape!
She loves "naked time."
She has become a Boise State fan.  And has more hair that sticks straight up.
She loves to smile and has finally started to giggle more (see video in previous post).
She loves to read.  She started holding books correctly at about 2.5 months and I thought it was accidental.  No, she is just a genius.  Now she can even hold them up by herself.
She had rice cereal for the first time.  She has been so curious about the food we eat.  She tries to grab my drinks or food whenever I put them near my mouth.  At a restaurant I was holding her while putting papusas into a box.  I tried to close the lid but it flipped back open.  She then grabbed the lid and the papusas flew into the air and on the floor.  It was comical.
So sweet!
 We love our little girl so much!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a beautiful baby girl! She's adorable!! I love her smile, and man! She's GOTTA be a genius if she's already reading books! It's funny to hear you talk about her eating rice cereal; that seems like so long ago when Caleb was making that transition! Time flies! And your little girl won't stay little for long!

Linda said...

I love the pictures! I can't wait to see her in a few days!

Annie said...

ABBY!!!! Such cute pictures! Jack would like to know why Abby is "naked outside". Have fun with the parents, and send them home with some clothes for my baby girl! ;)

Nikki said...

she is so cute! that cheesy smile melts my heart. Very good job at reading to her too! she and cache can study together ;)