Wednesday, September 15, 2010

4 Months


I'm determined to do Abby's 4 month post so that I can actually be on time for her 5 month one... which is approaching quickly!  Abby turned 4 months on August 24.  It was a very big month for her!
  • She spent most of the month traveling.  We went to a family reunion at Whidbey Island (near Seattle) with my immediate family.  We first drove to Boise and she slept the entire time.  Then we rode with my parents up to Whidbey Island.  She did so well!  We really only had to stop for diaper changes and I just pumped a bottle for her every few hours.  It worked great and she only fussed the last half hour.  Had we not had slow traffic in Seattle, she would have been just fine.
  • She met her cousin Ellen, who is three weeks older than her, for the first time.  She also met her cousin Heath, who is six weeks younger then her.  It was so fun to have three little babies around.  She also met my brothers and my sisters-in-law.
  • She went on a hike, rode on a fairy to the San Juan Islands, went to the Experience Music Project museum in Seattle, rode on the monorail, went to a drive in movie, and did lots of other fun things.
  • She went swimming for the first time in McCall.  She didn't smile about it, but didn't cry either.  
  • She rode on her first airplane ride from Boise to SLC.  Her dad picked us up from the airport (who she hadn't seen for 10 days) and she just smiled and smiled at him.
  • She rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time.  She wasn't too happy when she did it, so she doesn't try a whole lot anymore. We have a video of her attempting, but not making it.  It is long, but still cute.
  • She loves to go outside and just look around at everything.
  • She discovered her voice and started to really jabber.  We have a video here.
  • She loves to look at and grab her toys and books.
  • She is still in the 25th percentile for weight and height.  She is very proportional and petite.  She weighed 12 lbs 10 oz. and was 23.5 inches long.  The doctor says she is very strong and doing great on her communication  and motor skills.  
Here she is!
Abby and Heath
Tonja, Ellen, Abby, and me
What an attitude!
So cute when she sleeps
happy!
I love this picture.  Abby is looking at me and Heath is looking at Emily.  It cracks me up every time.
sweet little face
Three babies! Heath, Ellen & Abby
Emily took some photos of us and I love them.

us again
Chillin while we ate outside.  She loved it.
Happy to be in McCall
watching everyone play tennis
I can't get over this one.
This was the day she rolled over.
I love this one... the colors, her sweet face, so cute.
bathing beauty

3 comments:

Kaiti Klara said...

I love your blog Katherine! You guys are a very, very cute family:)

Annie said...

Great pictures of Abby! I can't believe how old she is getting!! Such a little cutie!! We really miss you guys!

Mike said...

It looks like Heath forgot to put in his dentures in the first picture of this post. We loved the video of Abby taking, so cute! We also like the picture where she is decked out in shades, hat, and pacifier. She has so much going on you can barely see her face!