Yes, I do realize I'm pretty behind...
Abby turned 1 on April 24, which happened to be Easter this year. Here are things she started doing at that time.
- She weighed 17 lbs and 15 oz. Her length was 28 inches, which puts her in about the 5th percentile for both. We love our petite little girl.
- She points at everything. Things in books, outside, in her room, etc.
- She has more "words." One of her favorite things to say is "das" (dance) and then she starts to dance. She also says "da" for dad and "mamama" for mom (or to say she is hungry it seems).
- We realized she knows a lot more than we thought she did. When asked, she will point to Jesus, her drink, Blue's Clues (the TV), spoon, bananas, balls, books, flags (she loves flags and will even point to them in books), our noses, Easter eggs, balloons, dogs, and cats. Oh, when Uncle Mike came to visit she pointed at him a couple of times when we asked where Jesus was. He has a beard... it was pretty hilarious.
- She loved having her cousins visit. She went to the park, swam, and had a blast at Ikea with the McDonalds. She liked showing cousin Heath how to bang Easter eggs together, and trying to get him to support her while standing (didn't work so well).
- She loves Easter eggs; banging them together, opening them up, trying to close them, throwing them... they are the greatest toy.
- She went to the zoo for the first time and did pretty well with it. A couple times she seemed a little frightened, smiled some, but mostly just looked and looked (and pointed). I would love to know what was going in her head.