The computer science department lists the following on their graduate studies web page:
Selection to the MS program is based upon consideration of:Katherine found a web page somewhere that listed the averages of students accepted in previous years... I feel like the GRE scores on that page were closer to 560 on the verbal and 740 on the quantitative... so I have my work cut out for me.
- preparation in Computer Science,
- GPA (recommended average of 3.25 where A is a 4.0. GPA is calculated on the last 60 hours).
- general GRE exam (Recommended scores: Verbal:530, Quantitative: 700, Analytical: 4.5. Scores must be received before the application deadline for the applied semester),
- letters of recommendation: Where possible, one or more of the letters of recommendation should be from faculty members with whom you have worked in a research capacity, or who have personal knowledge of your research and writing potential.
- content of the letter of intent
Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get ready for the GRE? What are your experiences with the exam?