Thursday, November 27, 2008

Live From New York

My Dad asked for a trip to New York for his 50th birthday, so we are spending the Thanksgiving break in the Big Apple. This is my first trip to New York, and it has been a lot of fun. Our hotel is right on Times Square, so we were able to eat breakfast in our room while we watched the parade. Here is a picture of the Snoopy balloon as he went by. I think this one might be Katherine's favorite.

We ran down to the street for a minute, but we couldn't really see much, due to the crowd. We did however manage to snap a photo as the Beethoven float went by.


Then we went shopping at a Christmas market on Bryant Park (some park not too far from Times Square). They had this cool little shop that had all kinds of figurines made out of metal scraps. Star Wars fans such as myself would enjoy it at least.


I will let Katherine talk about the rest of the day, if I can get her to write now. We are pretty tired. We did a lot of walking.

1 comment:

Annie said...

It looks like you guys are having too much fun! I am glad you are posting so we can see a few pics! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! :)