Sunday, November 16, 2008

Done!

I took the GRE early Saturday, and I am glad it is over. One less thing to worry about. I think I did well enough that I won't have to retake it... I don't think I could get a much better score than I did, it was higher than I did on all the practice tests I took. Lucky.


For anyone who hasn't taken it, and cares, the GRE is what they call a "computer adaptive" test. This means that as you answer questions the computer decides which questions to give you next based on whether you get the question right or not. Supposedly, if you get a question right, the next one will be harder. If you miss the question the next one will be easier. In addition to this, they tell you before you take the test that you may get a section of questions that will not be graded, but instead is being used to try out new questions. You will not know which sections are the real, graded sections, and which are the trial sections. These two facts combine to really mess with your head.

For my test I ended up getting two Quantitative sections. The first one I had seemed incredibly difficult, and I was sure I had bombed it. The second one seemed really easy for the most part. I'm still not sure which one was the real section, and I spent the whole test going, "Oh man, this question seems too easy. I must not be doing very well." It wasn't that much fun. Anyone out there who still has to take it... I feel your pain.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Way to go! I bet you are just happy to have it over with! Congrats on the good score! Too bad there were no pencils to NOT share with other test takers!