Monday, February 22, 2010

An Eventful Weekend

We had a great Valentine's/Chinese New Year/President's Day weekend this year. On Friday, my grandma took us out to dinner since she and Fay were in town. They brought the baby a quilt and a receiving blanket, and promised a crocheted blanket once my grandma finishes it. It was fun to eat and chat with them.

On Saturday we decorated Valentine's cookies with some of Landon's relatives. I was finally able to use some of my cake/cookie decorating items including my alphabet cookie cutters to make a "LOVE" cookie. After decorating cookies, Landon took me out for Indian food where we had delicious food- Saag Aloo, Chicken Aloo, garlic naan, and mango/strawberry lassis, and samosas. We went all out! I am so grateful that I can still eat spicy, delicious food without getting heartburn! After that we went and played a couple of games of air hockey and took pictures in a photo booth. We then went to "The Cocoa Bean Cupcake Cafe." They sell fancy cupcakes and drinks (hot and cold, without caffeine). It is a fun little joint and a great place to take a date. After all that, we came home and watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (thanks Mom and Dad).

On Sunday we went to church and spent most of the day organizing our baby's room. It was so fun! We still have a lot to do, but it is so fun to go in and just look and imagine a baby in there. We also made calzones, something Landon has been wanting to do for a while now.

Landon created his calzone first.
And then I put mine together.



And they ended up being ginormous.

Happy Valentine's Day!

On Monday we had an Arrested Development party and did more in the baby's room. It was a great weekend!

Chinese New Year started on Sunday the 14th, but we didn't actually celebrate until Friday. And we celebrated well thanks to my parents for a generous red envelope. This year is the year of the tiger, which is what it was when I was born. Since our baby girl will be born this year, she will be a tiger too!


2 comments:

Amber said...

fun weekend!! That's awesome that you can still enjoy spicy food! yum!! WHERE'S THE BELLY? lol I want more pictures!! You're looking so cute, you gotta show it off more!

Annie said...

Looks and sounds like a blast!Those calzones are HUGE!! I bet Landon was in heaven! :) My first born in the same animal as me too! Awesome! :)