Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nuh-Night Music

On my drive home from work the other day, I decided that I wanted to compile playlists of "Nuh-Night Music" for our baby girl. I think I will make several playlists with just a few songs that are soothing and will help her want to sleep. I haven't really started compiling them, but I know artists like Ben Harper and Feist will make an appearance. I think I will also do a playlist for Sunday with some of my favorite hymns and primary songs. If you have any songs that have helped you or your children settle down and go to sleep, now is your chance to suggest them to me!

5 comments:

Landon said...

I am going to have a lot of suggestions. I will start out with a couple:

Foreground by Grizzly Bear
Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez

I will come up with more.

Annie said...

This one is Jack's Favorite:
http://www.byubookstore.com/ePOS/form=robots/item.html&item_number=78302700392&store=439&design=439
It's a little cheesy, but he won't go to bed without it!
"I need my ni-ni songs Mom!"

Erica said...

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and passed the little thing that was giving a preview from each CD on the rack for sale (you know what I'm talking about?!)
I heard a song from Jewel's lullaby CD and I WANTED IT. I thought it was perfect for babies.
Right now, my baby falls asleep to soothing nature sounds. They turn off after 10 minutes, which is nice. I left songs on all night with my first and I don't think it was a great idea. :) I would look into buying a "noise maker" too.

Rob said...

Billy Joel's "good night my angel..." lullaby songd

Also there are Welsh lullaby songs that boys choirs do that could be good

Mike said...

I'll have to recommend "With My Own Two Hands" by Ben Harper and Jack Johnson but you could always just sing yiddish mixed with nonsense or you could sing something that ends with " because you're (insert name) good, and (insert name) sweet"