Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day


Father's Day was full of successes and failures.

Success: Abby wore an adorable purple dress to church.
Failure: She had a major blowout at church and we didn't get her picture in it.

Success: We all got to have a nap.
Failure: The naps ended too soon. Abby woke me up to eat and I woke Landon up by taking the above picture.

Success: I promised Landon I would play Munchkin Quest with him (I'm not usually very enthusiastic, but it was Father's Day).
Failure: We didn't play because Mandy already had plans. Poor Landon.

Success: Abby and I made this gift for Landon to put up in his workspace in his lab. Failure: It must have crunched on something when I brought it in with the groceries... it has a few small blemishes now. It is still usable, just sad that it happened.

Failure: I forgot to buy hamburger buns.
Failure: I tried to make hamburger buns and they ended up being way too small.
Success: We still used the buns and it really wasn't all that bad.

Success: We watched The Next Food Network Star.
Failure: We watched Design Star... not so good.

Success: We made homemade ice cream and it was delicious. No failures here.
*Confession: I had a scoop with my breakfast this morning.*

Overall, it was still a nice, relaxing day.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

happy father's day. Sounds like the day was mostly successful though. :) How are you doing? Any fun plans this summer?

Emily said...

The picture collage is perfect! We really like the picture of her sleeping on the far right with the blue flower headband. We are glad Landon got hamburgers on Father's Day.

Linda said...

I love the collage! Also, the picture of Abby asleep on Landon is great! Sounds like- all in all- it was a great Father's Day! Glad the ice cream turned out!

Amber said...

I totally agree about Food Network Star and Design Star: Food Network is so much better than Design Star this season.

Annie said...

I'm coming for that homemade ice cream soon- Glad that one was a success! :) The collage turned out really cute!! :)