Monday, November 16, 2009

Belly Progression

Today one of my classmates (a guy who I've only known since September) looked at me and said, "You are not showing at all. How far along are you?" On the other hand, I met with brand new client at work today. She is 32, has 4 kids, is a runner and is in great shape. I went ahead and asked her about jogging strollers since I am in the process of choosing one for myself. She looked at me and said, "I noticed a little tummy and thought to myself 'she must be pregnant and just starting to show'." So I get both types of comments. Some people say I do not look pregnant and some say they can tell I'm getting bigger. I have to agree with the latter, although I think I just look a little chubbier, not really pregnant. I guess this is the awkward stage where people don't know if I'm pregnant or just gaining a little weight. Here are a couple pictures to track my progress. You can decide for yourself.



Me at 16 weeks (2 weeks ago).
This was the day when many of my pants stopped fitting and I had to adopt the rubber band/button hole trick.


Today at 18 weeks.
I can wear these old, grungy, stretched out jeans no problem and one other pair with the a rubber band, but once they stop working I will be out of luck and on to bigger and better pants. Luckily, we got some sweet deals on maternity pants at Gap and Old Navy this weekend. They still seem huge, but they will probably fit before I know it.

The past couple of days I have thought that I can feel the baby, but who knows! I will be more convinced when it is more obvious. We have an ultrasound scheduled for Dec. 1. We are pretty excited and hope the baby will cooperate so we can find out the gender.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, I wished I looked like you when I was pregnant with Zach! I swear I showed immediately!! I think you look great, although "looking pregnant" isn't a bad thing either.

Annie said...

You look bigger....but defiantly not BIG!! :) I am glad you are doing the rubber band thru the button hole trick. That works great after baby is born as well.....although you'll probably wear your normal jeans home from the hospital! I'm glad you got some preggo pants. They rock! :)
See you in a couple days!!

Linda said...

YES! You definately are showing- and you look very cute. I can't wait to see you next week.

Annie said...

Audrey says...
I want to say that, um, I had my birthday and I want a good present. And I voted for a boy. That is all.

Nikki said...

DUDE...do you even have a baby in there? You are so stinking tiny! Just a few more weeks and you get to know boy or girl. Keep us posted! We are sooo happy for you!

linds said...

You don't look pregnant at all! You look fantastic! You are beautiful! We're excited to know what you're having, too!