Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We're still here

Emily requested a new blog post, so here it is. Here are some things that have happened since the last time we did a post.
  • I completed my thesis proposal and have started my project
  • Landon's family came to visit us in July
  • We went to Boise and McCall, Idaho with my parents and Annie's family
  • Landon started his first semester of grad school
  • We found out that we are expecting our first child in April!
Needless to say, our lives have been busy and exciting!
I am now about 12 weeks pregnant and had my second appointment yesterday. We were hoping to hear the heartbeat, but they could only find mine! They weren't concerned and explained that the baby was likely in a position where it was difficult to catch the heartbeat. But to be safe, they had me go in this morning for an ultrasound. It was the greatest experience! I had no idea we would be able to see the baby so clearly this early. The baby was moving around like crazy and the heartbeat was strong and fast. I am right on schedule and everything looked good. I am so grateful for the experience. My pregnancy seems more real than ever now. And now we have our baby's first pictures! The pictures aren't as clear as they were on the screen, but I still think they are fun.
This one shows the heart rate.

Here you can see the large head, the dark white line is the spine, and the body.
Another view of the cute head and body.My favorite! Look at that tiny arm and adorable little hand!


15 comments:

linds said...

Congrats guys! We are SO excited for you! Can't wait to meet baby Pratt!

Emily said...

LOVE the baby! what a cute ultra sound picture. thanks for the post! now I don't feel so weird checking blog all the time! love you guys too. Let me know what you think about diaper bag ideas! so excited!

Liz said...

Congratulations! This will be such an exciting time for you two!

Annie said...

I love the ultrasound pics! I'm so glad you got to have one! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Anonymous said...

thats so exciting! ultrasound pictures are the best. I'm so happy to know that your feeling good and everything else in your life is going great too.

Jen said...

What wonderful news!Congratulations! We're so excited for you!

Erica said...

Hooray!! Congratulations! How exciting!

Justin said...

Congratulations guys! Its an amazing experience... it can be kinda hard, but it is great! Ours is almost two months old now... crazy.

Sarah said...

This is such great news, I love the way you broke the news to us and Grandma and Grandpa. You two crack me up, we loved having you come and hang out with us. Does this mean your other blog is dead?

Nikki said...

WAHOO! Isn't it such a beautiful miracle?! You are going to be wonderful parents! :)

Kaiti Klara said...

aweee, congrats guys!!! I am sooo excited for you:)

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Steve Kolb said...

wow! those pictures are amazing! i told my mom that you guys are expecting and she was almost as excited as i am! congrats again!

Linda said...

So excited to see your pictures- They're great! Thanks!

Tricia said...

Congratulations!! A new baby is a lot of work, but definitely rewarding. Good luck with the pregnancy and everything!