Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Some Movies

We love to watch movies, so I just thought I would share a few of our most recent movie watching experiences.

1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

This is one of the few movies we have seen in the movie theater lately. Since I discovered Netflix we haven't had much reason to get out to the theater, but my work gave me a couple of free passes so we decided to give this one a chance. I thought it was a great movie. It was a little bit sad and had quite a bit of lovin' in it, but it really made you think about things. I can honestly say that I felt uplifted after seeing it, it made me appreciate life a bit more.

2. The Graduate


We watched this one just last night. I ordered it from an online edited movie store, which is now going out of business. This is one of the top rated movies on IMDB and I felt that I needed to check it out. For those not familiar with the movie, it is one of Dustin Hoffman's first films. In it he is a recent college graduate who gets involved in an affair with an older, married woman only to later fall in love with her daughter. It was full of awkward moments, which I think made it a lot of fun. The final scene is a classic.

3. The Witches

This one is pretty goofy. It is based on the book by Roald Dahl, so you would hope it would be decent. It was full of really ugly bald women and muppet talking mice. Also, how about Angelica Houston doing some wierd undulations.

4. The Nativity Story


We watched this one as a good Sunday activity. It is a pretty well done representation of the events leading up to and including Christ's birth. The girl that plays Mary is the star of Whale Rider, for which she was nominated for an Oscar.

5. The Gods Must Be Crazy

I got this one from Netflix, and had a really hard time convincing Katherine to watch it with me. She did not think it sounded like much, but guess what... she loved it! She thought it was so funny, and I am sure she would recommend it to anyone looking for a good laugh.

No comments: