Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our Amazing Wedding Day

I am finally going to do a post about our wedding day. Landon and I were sealed in the Boise temple on May 2, 2008 at 11:00 am. Our sealing was wonderful, especially because so many members of our families were able to be there. It was really special for my family because all of my siblings and their spouses were able to be in the sealing room.
The days prior to our wedding, it was quite windy and a bit chilly. I was really worried that we wouldn't be able to have our reception outside. But when we woke up on our day, we found that it was absolutely perfect weather. No wind, and perfect temperature. It was a beautiful spring wedding.
After being sealed at the temple we had a wedding luncheon at the Cottonwood Grille with family and close friends. The food was great and I think everyone enjoyed it.
At 6:30, the reception started. My mom pretty much did the entire menu, which included: fruit kabobs, chicken salad sandwiches on daisy-shaped-homemade-bread, cilantro lime potato salad, sundried tomato and mozzarella bowtie pasta salad, a broccoli salad with thai peanut sauce, lemon and lime curds, an ice cream bar (as in you put your own toppings on), and citric acid to drink. Thanks, Mom.
The line was pretty much non-stop for over an hour and a half. It was so great to see many of my friends, ward members, etc.
I tossed my bouquet, and it literally landed right into Hayley's hands. It was hilarious. Landon shot my garter out to a pretty small audience. And Audrey ended up catching it, beating out all the boys! Way to go, Audrey.
It was a perfect day for Landon and me.
We were finally able to meet with Jeff today and get our pictures. He took tons, and there are a lot of great ones. We are pleased with them and are excited to see the ones taken in Florida. Keep in mind that all of these have not been edited, so they will look even better once we pick the ones we want Jeff to do. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Cool Waters said...

Very beautiful wedding! Stylish like you, of course! Where are you guys living? Sorry we missed the wedding!