Sunday, January 23, 2011

"got canned heat in my heels tonight, baby!"

Name that lyric...

Abby has a new talent that cracks us up.  She dances!  Whenever we turn music on or if music starts up on the tv, she starts boppin'.  At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but she has proven to us over and over again that it is definitely on purpose.

She will do it to pretty much any music but we have mostly been listening to her Beatles' cd that Uncle Will gave her for Christmas and The White Stripes.  I thought she might like the simple, yet strong rhythms of the drums.  She often moves to the correct beat, which I think is amazing.

Today at church we had our primary program.  When the kids starting singing, "I am a Child of God," she started dancing.  It was pretty hilarious.  Throughout the rest of the meeting, whenever the piano would start up, she would too.  The organ didn't seem to phase her as much.

Here's a cute video of her dancing to The White Stripes.





She's a fun kid!

P.S.  The song lyric is "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai.
P.P.S. I thought that song was fun before Napolean Dynomite.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh Abby! She's got moves!! :) Love the video!!
PS I'm totally with you on Canned Heat being AWESOME.... even before Napoleon's sweet moves.