Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I'm only pretending to go as a cowgirl!"

We had a lot of fun dressing up for Halloween this year.  We had a lot of good ideas but we decided this was the only year we could do one of our ideas.

Here was our inspiration...


And here is the result.


 Yep, Landon was Elliott and Abby was E.T.!


Landon's costume was easy, he looks just like Elliott!  All he needed was a red hoodie and a box of Reese's Pieces.


Some more inspiration...


And the result.


 I was Gertie, of course!


I already had overalls, and I found this great shirt at Savers.  My mom sent me the chunky yarn to put in my hair.


We had to do this pose.


I found this little pot of flowers at the dollar store.  It was perfect.
 

Doesn't she make a great E.T.?  They really are quite similar.  Not much hair, big round eyes, and they have similar facial and vocal expressions!


My parents brought down this milk crate that we secured to Landon's bike.
 

"Oouch!"

Okay, so we photo-shopped the glowing finger... but we did have a flameless candle that we stuck in Abby's sweater to be E.T.'s heart.  It worked perfectly!

Don't we look great?  Too bad hardly anyone could figure out what we were supposed to be at our ward party.  It was a little disappointing.  When they saw Abby they would say, "Oh, she's glowing."  Landon's Reese's Pieces is what gave us away to most people.  We still had fun though!

6 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Ha ha ha!! That is the cutest thing ever!!

Annie said...

Awesome!! Your costumes turned out perfect and I love the posed movie scene pictures!

Alli said...

Nobody ever knows what I am either. When I was a chia pet, they thought I was an oompa loompa. When I was a janitor, they thought I was Mario. Hopeless.

Erin said...

I knew what you were! And I loved it! Good job, guys.

Nikki said...

hahahahhahahahahahahah. I am in love with this! You guys are so clever! She is darling--and extra terrestrial. :)

Kaiti Klara said...

haha what a brilliant idea!! You guys looked great, just like the ET gang:) Abby is so stinkin cute!!!!