Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Favorite Albums

I got this idea from a facebook application... you know, those things that everyone hates.  Anyways, the application gives you a bunch of different categories in which you can choose your 5 favorites.  One of these categories is "favorite albums".  I filled mine out and then decided that I wouldn't be satisfied choosing just 5.  That seemed too few.

In making my list I considered a few criteria.  The first of these factors that I considered I will refer to as "completeness".  This means that if I were forced to listen to the entire album I wouldn't find myself fighting the urge to skip a significan number of the songs.  The album needs to be consistently good.  Second, I considered how "influential" the albums were in my life.  If an album had left a lasting impression on me, enough to be remembered years later, it would be more likely to make the list.  Finally, I decided it would be smart to exclude compilation albums.  "Best of" cd's that pulled from many different albums would not be considered.

So here they are, my top 10.

1. Danse Macabre - The Faint










2. Weezer (Blue Album) - Weezer










3. Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World










4. Plans - Death Cab for Cutie










5. Deja Entendu - Brand New










6. Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park










7. Wet From Birth - The Faint










8. You're A Woman, I'm a Machine - Death From Above 1979









9. Infest - Papa Roach










10. Darkest Days - Stabbing Westward

1 comment:

Steve Kolb said...

steve and i both agree you've picked some definite winners here. now we're going to listen to deja entendu!