Monday, March 31, 2008

Beowulf!


Saturday night Katherine and I went over to Mike's (her brother) house to hang out. Katherine and I had just rented Beowulf because she had read it in her humanities class a semester or so ago, and was curious about the movie. We decided to watch it that night... big mistake.

It was one of the worst movies I have seen in a while. For some reason Beowulf felt the need to always fight completely naked, but luckily there was always some strategically placed object to protect us from seeing too much. I had the impression at least 3 times during the film that things were winding up and that the movie should be ending any minute now. It didn't.

In the end, I'm not really sure what the moral of the film was. I guess the lesson I learned is that it isn't a good idea to father a demon child with Angelina Jolie, the demon queen, even if she promises to make you a king.

1.5 / 5

1 comment:

austinmcraig said...

I've only heard ill of this film. Hope I never see it.